Friday, March 24, 2006

DOUBLE DIGITS

Had an appointment with my Primary Care Physician today. Told her the whole story, and she just shook her head. Said my hemoglobin was up to 10.1 now , but that my WBC’s were still elevated. Probably from the physical stress of the sudden blood loss and second surgery, my system was in overdrive.

She also told me to take another week off, and not to feel guilty about it, that I absolutely would need it to continue to recover. I slumped out of her office and proceeded to feel horrible for the rest of the day. Taking my vitamins, eating healthy, drinking lots of fluids, but still very shaky.

Made a series of phone calls today to confirm my appointment at MSKCC, and to be sure I had all the slides and information they would need to make their best recommendation.

No comments: